self-portrait with a Holga

self-portrait with a Holga

Friday, October 30, 2009


The leaves are a painting across the skyline. My eyes are blessed by a sea of color on this beautiful warm fall day. My legs are tired from the long incline I have just hiked. It will be winter soon. The nights will be long and my adventures short. I breath in the smell of wet leaves. I look down at my feet. Mud and crushed leaf encrust my toes, but they are not cold. I look up and the sun has dipped down on the horizion. I have lost track of time. Turning I run down the hill side. I take a deep breath and go as fast as I can. My legs feel as if they are spinning out of control. I glide down the hill side feeling the wind and chill. The sun is down too low. I run for my life. He is waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment